Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol
Isopropyl Alcohol 70%, 4oz Spray
- Isopropyl alcohol, particularly in solutions between 60% and 90% alcohol. With 10 – 40% purified water, is rapidly antimicrobial against bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Once alcohol concentrations drop below 50%, usefulness for disinfection drops sharply.
- The presence of water is a crucial factor in destroying or inhibiting the growth of pathogenic microorganisms with isopropyl alcohol. Water acts as a catalyst and plays a key role in denaturing the proteins of vegetative cell membranes.
- 70% Isopropyl Alcohol solutions penetrate the cell wall more completely which permeates the entire cell, coagulates all proteins, and therefore the microorganism dies.
- Extra water content slows evaporation, therefore increasing surface contact time and enhancing effectiveness. Isopropyl alcohol concentrations over 91% coagulate proteins instantly. Consequently, a protective layer is created which protects other proteins from further coagulation.
- Solutions > 91% of Isopropyl Alcohol does kill bacteria, but sometimes requires longer contact times for disinfection, and enables spores to lie in a dormant state without being killed.
- 70% isopropyl alcohol is the most commonly used disinfectant in pharmaceutical industries. The important thing is that only 70% solution of isopropyl alcohol acts as a disinfectant killing all surface microorganisms. It disinfects hands and equipment surfaces in pharmaceuticals.
Flushable Hypoallergenic Wipes, Baby Wipes, Hand Sanitizers, Surface Disinfectants, Surgical Masks, KN95 Masks, and Disposable Gloves are also available. Shop all Medical, Lab, and Clinical Wear from Top Brands: 3M, Hepro, Innovative Healthcare, Kimberly-Clark, and SafeWear™ at LAC Healthcare Solutions.